Stanford Badge

Stanford Badge
Stanford

Friday 21 November 2014

Body Boarding in Wales!

During the summer holidays, my family and I went to Pembroke, Wales, on an 8- night holiday. We stayed in a Travelodge hotel which was good, although the beds weren’t exactly very comfortable!


As well as going to numerous different towns and after winning lots of prizes in dozens of amusement arcades, my brother and I were then finally allowed to go body boarding!
Although we have done it many times in the past, this would prove to be a whole new experience for me.
We drove down to a beach somewhere in Pembrokeshire (I have forgotten the name) and the waves were big and intimidating as it was late in the afternoon- I had never seen waves this big!
After changing our getting into our swimsuits, I, my brother and my dad went into the ice- cold water whilst my mum stayed on the beach taking pictures.
At first the coldness was almost unbearable, but soon we got used to it. I and my brother then got onto our body boards and started riding the waves!
 After one or two hours of getting hurt by sharp rocks, getting sea water into my eyes and having fun, the waves then got too big for us to handle and we had to go.
Overall, it was a great experience for me as I now know how to ride gigantic waves and I now think that I have lost any feeling in my feet after the searing pain from stepping on the very sharp rocks!


Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment